10 Ten Things I Learned from the “80′s Babies” Art Show
Popten’s Jason Griffin, had an awesome art opening for the highly anticipated 80′s Babies, at Leo Kesting gallery in the Meatpacking district, New York. Apart from being floored by his arresting portraits, I also learned some really interesting things about art shows.
1. Some of the coolest people I’ve ever met, I’ve met at art shows.
2. Some of the lamest people I’ve ever met, I’ve met at art shows.
3. Cool and lame are often interchangeable.
4. Artists know beautiful women.
5. Art galleries really heat up! Must be all that lighting.
6. After the red cups come out, everyone returns to their regular selves.
7. With the beautiful women, the heat, the booze, and the music, art shows are just parties waiting to happen!
8. Old people and little kids are awesome…at art shows.
9. I need more money. A lot more money.
10. Art brings people together…but Art shows, they bring people TOGETHER.
It’ll be up until the 2nd of November. Definitely worth checking out!
Leo Kesting 812 Washington St. at Gansevoort.